Friday, August 7, 2015

Dating After a Major Relationship

Oh boy! I’m so excited for this topic because it comes with struggles and successes and lets face it, a hell of lot of funny stories! So let me tell you a few of mine! And feel free to tell me some of yours!!

My senior year of High School I started dating a boy a grade younger than me, he was smart and nerdy, shy and quiet (until he got to know you then he talked more than anyone I know), funny but unnoticed and those were some of the things I loved most about him. We had a class together and got randomly selected to be partners in a group project. 

Well the over-achievers we both are we were up late working on the project a few days after we got it and google docs shows you who is also editing your powerpoint. So we started messing around and changing each others work then we just started talking on this powerpoint page for hours until finally exchanged numbers.

Before him, I was with one boy from 7th grade all the way to junior year, 5 years of my life I talked to my best friend and someone I loved more than life every single day. And as all first epic loves I thought we would be together forever.. until one day we weren’t. I was devastated and if it wasn't for my friends I felt like I wouldn't have been able to pick my life back up. Especially having to go back to school and see him.

But a few months later this new boy actually made me smile again; actually made a 17 year old girl obsessed with her phone again. After a few months of the “talking” stage he tried to make us official but after my last relationship I didn't think I could go through that again.. Well after the 5th time and 6 months I finally said yes. 

We were together for 2 years (2 and a half counting the missing title in the beginning) and we had some amazing times! He made me more adventurous, we actually drove 3 hours away for this prom dress I really wanted and spent the day in this random town. He made me laugh and feel confident and special. But like any young person your still growing and figuring out who you are and he became cocky and mean and demanding.

I felt like everything was my fault and I found myself scrambling to pick up the pieces to our relationship, even after he made a major mistake. I was so stuck in the routine of our life together and change scares the hell out of me so I held on far longer than I should of. Until one day, sitting on my couch in my apartment I realized how unhappy I was. 

That break up was the hardest decision of my life, but somehow its easier to move on when you are the one to make the decision to end things, just because you yourself have reached the end even of the other person hasn’t. I put all my extra time into school and work, but eventually I started giving myself a little free time here and there. I started to like my new life of just me and my new puppy I got. He helped a lot! 

So a whole year later after a few meaningless hook ups, I decided I wanted to start dating again! And this is where I came to the conclusion I am cursed!! 

I tend to go for people younger than me and it is very annoying because I am an extremely independent person so I told myself the next person I try and date will be older and MUST live on their own, no more mommy and daddy still doing their laundry. And after a crazy work party I do not remember, I started talking to the former AC of the restaurant I was serving at. He was 29, though in my defense I thought he was about 25 and he told me he thought I was 23. He was the roommate of two other servers I worked with but also had a daughter! Big step Owlette!

After quite a few dates and one awkward sleepover we decided to go bowling! How fun right? I haven't been in awhile so we go and he's acting really funny and being extremely clingy. 

Side note: excessive amounts of PDA makes me feel awkward and claustrophobic.

So I asked him if he was drunk and he goes no I only had a few beers. Then what does he do? Goes over to the bar and gets a few more beers, at this point I’m a little annoyed with him but trying to still have a good time. So after every turn of both him and I, I get my face smothered and then he goes to pick up his beer and BAMB spills it all over me and my phone ( I was texting my best friend about a rescue mission). I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up as best I could, when I come back out and after he stood there and watched me clean up all the spilled beer over the table and chair and ground, he finally apologizes.

For a second there I thought he was going to cry! I wrapped his arm over my shoulder and was like “alright alright lets get you home.” So I put him in my car and as soon as I turn onto his street he smacks his head on my passenger window and I have to carry his 200 pound ass into the house and into his room. One of his weird gamer roommates runs out and was like what happened? I told him he's drunk and we both flopped him on his bed. 

My drunk date then grapes me and pulls me on him and goes stay the night. As soon as I said no I have to get home he freaked! Saying things likes wow I thought you liked me, this is why your still alone because you wont stay with me. Naturally, being the pissed off, beer drenched, girl I was, I said “Fuck you! Don't talk to me anymore” and left.

Well a million texts later and stalking me at work, I got a text “I know your off work I saw you sitting in your car will you talk to me now?” text, he finally left me alone. 

A few weeks later a new server from work asked me out and I told myself why not. So we went to dinner and it was great! He wasn't the most attractive person ever but he was funny and super easy to talk to so that made him attractive. After dinner we were going to go see a movie but he wanted to stop by his apartment first. 

Well we get there, I walk in and he introduces me to his cousin sitting on the couch looking through Netflix and I notice the recently watch section and its full of My Little Pony shows. Then we walk down the hall and I look into the bathroom and theres a My little Pony shower curtain and at the end of the hallway there was a desk and above it a shelf with like 20 pink My Little Pony dolls. At this point I'm asking myself What the fuck?!  Well then I peek into his room as he's going through his dresser and there is a huge My Little Pony poster and 2 shirts I can see on his bed.

Finally I ask “Do you have a daughter or something?” He looks at the My Little Pony shirts on his bed I was looking at and in the most calm totally natural seeming voice he says “No I’m a brony.” Well I had no idea what that was, I had never heard of it before so I walked back out the the living room and looked it up on my phone. I was shocked these people even exist. He is a grown 26 year old man into My Little Pony! 

He walked back out and handed an envelope to his cousin and asked me if I was ready. I then said “ You know what I had a good time but I'm just going to go home.” and I walked out the door and left! I immediately call my little sister and told her everything and after 20 straight minutes of her laughing at me I told her “you know what I am so done dating.”

I know those were just two incidences but trust me I had a few more just like them, one even involving a vagina, another creepily trying to seduce me by speaking french in my ear then translating and not letting me leave his house. So at this point in my life I have stopped actively trying to date. But I sure did find some good stories to tell to people needing a good laugh.   

I know I am young but I had to grow up quick so I tend to forget I am 20 and not a 30 year old lady still single, but lately I have found myself sitting alone in my apartment on the weekends watching sappy love shows and movies. Lets not forget Facebook updating me that everyone I know is having babies and getting married.



Feeling a little lonely is okay sometimes and maybe it is my mind telling me to try again and get back out there but after my luck hiding in my apartment might not be so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment