Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Grown Ups Don't Have Nightmares

WRONG!

When I was younger I had bad dreams quite often. In fact I about 90% of the time remember all my dreams and in my 20 years of living I can not tell you of a single one where I was not scared, running, being chased, frantically trying to escape, or in a giant maze (or a huge 20+ story building trying to find my way out through endless hallways and offices with huge windows).

When I was about 5 I had one of the scariest dreams a 5 year old could have. Everyone in the entire world was lined up in their cars to this tiny booth, like the little drive up coffee shops. And of coarse my dad, driving, my step mom, passenger, and me, in the back, were the very last people in line. So we finally pull up and my dad leans his head out the window then my step mom leans over him to stick her head out the window too to talk to this little fat lady inside the booth. Then they both fall back into their seats all bloody missing their faces! I began panicking and looked out the window to see the fat lady with this huge butcher knife handing my parents faces with nails on this huge wall of billions of faces. I jumped out of the car and began running, up a hill I might add. I was trying to run as fast and I can but I kept tripping so I was trying to crawl but it was like my body was becoming paralyzed (this always happens to me in dreams when I try to run away!). The fat lady carrying her butcher knife caught up to me and swings her arm up and bam! I jump awake screaming!

15 years later I can still remember that dream like it was yesterday. But the whole reason I am bringing up my dreams is because lately they seem to be getting really bad again! Just the other night I had a dream about a childhood friend who recently just got married and in my dream her and her husband just had 5 babies... yes 5 all at once. They invited a bunch of people to go on this family trip with them and we all got on this train (never been on a train before). This dream felt like hours and hours, we were all mooning over these 5 little baby girls, one of witch I was holding and talking to and just hanging out with everyone like it was completely real when the train started shacking. I handed the little girl to her mom and walked to the front of the train were two other men where (I had no clue who they were but I just knew that one of them I did not like!). All the sudden the train started falling apart, screeching and sparks flying. Next thing I know this train is basically nothing more then its frame moving extremely fast on the tracks. This beam started swinging and was coming strain for my face, I had to dodge it a few times and the front end of the train fell down dragging on the tracks slowing the train down. I saw this opening that I tried to squish through but everything was coming down. I'm squirming with all my might trying to get out and this thing is coming down on me.

Finally I make it out and the train is at a complete stop now and me and one of the guys run over to find the other guy (the one I didn't like) smashed on the ground with his huge beam on his neck and shoulders, both arms laying flat to one side while he was flat on his face. This didn't look right. An ambulance pulled up and they lifted the beam off to find his one arm had been bent over his back and sever at his shoulder and he had this huge gash across his back and neck. I sat their holding his hand when he died! Yes very dramatic and mind I tell you no I did not watch any crazy movies lately.

I have a billion other stories just like this of all my dreams! But honesty lately they have been getting worse to maybe 2-3 a night now. I wake up in a frantic and then it takes me hours to fall back asleep. You thing only little kids have nightmares but I'd take my 5 year old dreams back anyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment