Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Quick I’m Running Out Of Time, Play Match Maker!

Why is everyone constantly trying to hook me up with someone or telling me how I need a boyfriend?! My coworker (and also my uncles best friend) is always trying to play match maker… but with absolutely anyone. If I talk about my two closest guy friends he’ll interrupt mid story/sentence “Why don't you date him?” And apparently “Um… He’s my best friend?” isn't an acceptable answer. 

My other coworkers son also works for the same company and let me just politely say this kid is weird! Like talks with a lisp ON PURPOSE and constantly pulls stories out of his ass to sound cool or one up everyone, weird. But that doesn't stop my coworker from EVERYDAY making a comments on why don’t you date (Insert his name here but for his sake lets just call him lisp boy)? 

Today for instance we walk into the music room after school to work on the lights and the teacher was still in there setting up for tomorrow. He was a pretty young looking guy and as soon as he steps out what does my coworker say? “I found you a boyfriend!” 

UM NO! and its not just him, my dad too! Your life would be easier if you had a boyfriend. If you had a boyfriend you wouldn't have to work on your car. If you had a boyfriend your rent would be cheaper, your dog would be better, yada yada yada. And any time I talk about anything apartment related (My lease is almost up so right now I am currently apartment shopping) EVERYONE and their mother tell me I need to find a boyfriend to move in with.

What is this the 1950’s? I don’t NEED a fudging boyfriend and I am doing just fine for myself. I don’t want someone to support me and take care of me thats what parents are for the first 18 years of your life. People these days are so dependent on others they forget to grow up and take care of themselves. 

Geez! I am young and have plenty of time to be picky about who I want to share my life with but according to everyone else I must be running out of time, or my ovaries are drying up. But god forbid I talk about children Because I’m wayyyy to young for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment